Hey folks! It seems I am unable to get a post up on Monday, even when the post totally relates to manicures. lol Let me blame the busyness of work and the federal election.
Today I’m excited to share another video with you about my tips and tricks for applying Jamberry nail wraps to help you get the most out of your manicure.
A couple of oopsies happened while i was taping. One, my husband comes in at some point and says good night. And the second is I say you can get four manicures out of one package of nails wraps. That is incorrect, I meant two, you can get two manicures out of one package of nail wraps.
I did mention in the video that I would link to the pattern of nail wraps I’m using but unfortunately they must’ve been seasonal stock as I can’t find them on the website.
I also have a special promotion for you. My friend Tara, who is a Jamberry consultant has generously offered a free half sheet of nail wraps with any Jamberry purchase before Monday, November 16th. First of all, click on this link to take you to the TLC Shopping’s Awesome Jamberry Party page. Next, click on the button that says, “Shop for this Party.” From there, fill your cart with all the gorgeous wraps you can handle and check out. Wraps will be mailed to you once you place your order, you don’t need to wait for the party to end. Tara will be mailing your half sheet separately, so watch for a second envelope to come in the mail.
Which wraps are you lusting after? Check out my top picks from the Jamberry Fall 2015 catalogue to help you make up your mind. Happy Shopping!
Note: I did not receive the wraps shown in the video as a promotional item. However, I will get “hostess credit” towards more Jamberry wraps with every purchase through this online party.
Hey folks. I love doing the Fashion Fridays lately but I thought I’d change it up this week with a Totally Random Friday post. I’ve been seeing some cool things for sale and with Christmas less than three months away, we should all start putting together our lists. Santa, start taking notes!
- Kate Spade bedding: The queen of bold colours in simple styles has added a new bedding collection. The colourful but classy pieces can be found on the website here.
2. All the 80s girls will remember Jem and the Holograms. With the live-action movie set to debut on Oct 23, Sephora has announced a makeup collection including an eyeshadow palette, a lipgloss set, a lipstick and a compact. This limited edition collection has no official release date yet but I’ll be sure to let you know. I definitely need this lipgloss set and the lipstick. Check out the rest of the sneak peek at Temptalia.
3. Black, black and black seem to be the top three choices of colours for winter jackets so I applaud Banana Republic for putting out this mint coloured one. While I don’t think it would be any match for Winnipeg winters, it would be nice to have a second coat for nice(r) winter days.
4. I did this post a few weeks ago about which wraps I was loving from the fall Jamberry catalogue. Well since then, they’ve added two glow-in-the-dark wraps to their Halloween collection. The one posted below is Glowing Ghouls.(Psst, keep your eyes peeled for some special Jamberry news being posted soon!)
5. Disney has released it’s Fairytale Designer Collection which is clearly aimed at adult Disney suckers like me. The elegant items include clothing, mugs, bags and four sets of limited edition dolls priced at $140CDN per set.
Check out all the dolls and their release dates on the Disney Store blog here.
Are you starting to think about your Christmas lists? Any plans for Thanksgiving? Happy Shopping!
Hey folks! Happy Friday! Sorry about the lack of action around here. It’s been kind of dead for shopping and the week went by really fast. I’ll also warn you that I’m going camping with my family next week so it’s going to be pretty slow around the blog too.
So, a couple of interesting things this week:
You’ve probably heard of Jamberry nail wraps. Most people know a rep or know someone who knows a rep. My first impression is that they are expensive and the reviews are really mixed about those that love them and those that think they are just ok. At $17 a pack, the cheapskate in me needs them to be amazing. Well, Jamberry has jumped on the subscription box wagon. For $25 incl shipping they will send you min $30 worth of Jamberry nail wraps and other miscellaneous nail care products. They also guarantee that there will be subscription-only designs available. It’s unclear if they ship to Canada or how much extra that would be. It’s also unclear if you are able to choose your designs for the month or it’s all just a surprise. Watch the video here. Anyone signing up? I’d love to hear the reviews.
Temptalia (goddess of swatching and all makeup everywhere) posted about a MAC and Simpson collaboration earlier this week. They are slated to come out at the end of August and so far just teaser pics have been released. I am not a Simpsons fan at all and thought I wouldn’t be interested in this collection but the eyeshadows shown look amazing and is that yellow lip glass?? Um, wth? This definitely needs more investigating.
Anyone else a Hunger Games fan? Refinery29 posted that the teaser trailer for the first part of the last movie (did that make sense?) is up for preview. Looking forward to more previews and will definitely be seeing this when it comes out.
Keeping with the movie theme, I loved Garden State when it came out 10 years ago (and now I really feel old). So I’m really looking forward to the new Zach Braff movie, Wish I Was Here. I was IN LOVE with the Garden State soundtrack as well so I am pumped about the soundtrack for the new movie. It releases on Tuesday, July 15th and is available for presale on the movie website or iTunes
What did you get up to this week? Anything coming up you are excited about? Happy Shopping!