Hi my pretties! Apologies for the lack of posts last week but I was on holidays with my family. We had a great time, first camping at Falcon Lake Beach and then at a friend’s cabin in Clear Lake.
First of is a brand that needs no introduction: Louboutin. Interestingly enough they are looking at breaking into the beauty market and creating much hype around their new red nail polish. (Picture from Temptalia)
Wow, looking forward to seeing reviews and other makeup products that are sure to be released along with it. At the $50 price point, I won’t be picking up this polish but I know someone else who is super excited about it (you should also check our her homage manicure, it’s pretty amazing).
Little Burgundy is having a massive shoe sale, up to 60% off. Here are the two I’ve been eyeing.
Ciate has released a line of coloured mascaras called Lashlights which look amazing. They are at Sephora for $21 each.
So, if I had a fairy godmother or a genie, one of my wishes would probably be a lifetime supply of Fluevog shoes. I mean, do you blame me?
And lastly but not least(ly?) don’t forget to head over to NailPolishCanada and enter their 200 polishes giveaway. Extra entries on my blog here.
Sorry for not posting any TRFs for a couple of weeks. Life has been crazy and every week, I think, Holy Crap, how is it Friday again? I promise I am working hard on a more regular updating schedule. I personally hate blogs that update less than once per week – so I best get my butt in gear!
Last Friday we hit the two month mark that so many of you try and ignore – TWO MONTHS UNTIL CHRISTMAS! I would like to say I’m half done Christmas shopping, but I’m really only a quarter done. If you aren’t into starting your gift shopping yet, here’s some things to shop for in November.
1. Paper Canoe is a business my friend Leanne started here in Winnipeg. She a graphic designer who designs a variety of things including: business cards and other promotional material (including my gorgeous postcards and logo); wedding and gala stationary; fabric and textiles; and wrapping paper. Yep, you heard me, wrapping paper. Now you can have one-of-a-kind, matching wrapping paper for all your presents (think of how jealous Martha Stewart will be!). Visit Leanne’s Spoonflower shop to see samples of what you can order or contact her at email@example.com to get her to custom design something for you.
2. Toms is doing Movember shoes. One style for ladies and two styles for men. It says that Toms will give a donation to Movember for every pair sold, altho they are unspecific about the amount. They are pretty cute and feature a little moustache embroidered by the heel. According to the website, this is the fourth year that Toms has done this colaboration with Movember to help raise funds and awareness of cancers that affect men. I’ll let you know if I see any around locally but if you have to have a pair, best bet would be to order from the website. (PS. Toms.ca is currently advertising free shipping through the Christmas season)
3. I’m continuing to wear Sally Hansen nail strips as they are my favourite strips and I thought I would share with you that I was wearing the Fl-roar-al pattern a couple of weeks ago and they lasted for 13 days! I have never had them last that long before. Eight days, tops before that. And they still looked great. Here’s the photos of the strips when I first put them on and then two weeks later. Wow, I am so impressed.
4. So, I’m sure you’ve been noticing the temperatures dropping and feeling the cooler breezes on your legs when you wear skirts and dresses. And I’m sure you keep thinking, damn tights, why can’t they be warmer?! Well my friends, they have come up with this brilliant invention of fleece-lined tights that keep your legs oh-so-warm. I bought some at Gail-Lyn’s in Portage la Prairie but I heard a rumour that Out of the Blue had some. Spot them somewhere else? Let me know in the comments.
5. What’s with all the owls?? My just-turn-12-year-old niece is IN LOVE with owls. So for her birthday last week, I picked up these cute earrings from Ricki’s. She was over the moon for them. Her grandma bought her some owl poster art for her room which she was pretty psyched about too. Can someone explain this trend to me? Please??
6. Last but definitely not least I leave you with some Halloween-y pics from the past couple of days. Had a great time trick-or-treating with my darling and some adult fun out with some of the girls.